View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 09:15 PM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
Wha...??!! That's not good. Well, I think the 2020 kit includes both diaphragms... if he still sells that kit, you could buy that and get the diaphragm you need (and toss the other one). If he doesn't sell any diaphragm kits, shoot, that is depressing news.

Otherwise yes, if someone could find a pod from a different chassis that uses the same diaphragm, you could buy one of those pods and swipe the diaphragm from it.

I believe another option is to buy one of the dual-diaphragm pods for the 124 (defrost or main air flap) and take the front diaphragm out to fix the center vent pod, but those are pretty spendy to part out ($40-$50 each).

BTW, thank you for keeping your site up after all these years!

On the diaphragms... I have used Perf Anal's unit to repair a bad defrost lower chamber (well, whatever is closer to the rod), the center vents on the W126, and many E23 BMW units.

That small W124 one actually fits the rear air vent unit in the E23. Saved me about $50 versus the BMW unit.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]