View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 11:29 PM

I made good progress today and enjoyed myself. I was able to complete the installation of the condenser, evaporator, drier, and all the the related refrigeration lines and heater lines. Even to the point of filling the radiator system and put some freon in the AC system until it can be properly evacuated and charged.

I was really excited about how easy the DIY lines from Vintage Air were to put together. It's an interesting system in which there is a clip that snaps into the actual fitting with a pair of legs that run down each side of the hose with a pair of notches in it that the snap rings lock over. The hose and fittings slip together with just enough friction that you know it's a proper fit, but not to the point you have to use massive strength or a vise etc. The only issue is the $70 clamp pliers your supposed to buy. I took a chance and didn't buy them. Instead I slightly modified a set of pliers I already had with my angle grinder. Worked great!

I also installed the Lokar dipstick for the trans. I am waiting to fill the trans until after I get the shifter installed and adjust the tension on the linkage. Also need to remove and paint the pan.

As hard as I've tried the engine bay still gets busier and busier. Still better than where I started.

Since the new condenser is over an 1 1/2" thinner I can fit the Spal fan and still get the radiator support rod and horns to fit (needs a little tweaking and paint) with the fan slightly off center.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk