View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Reiner View Post
The change from 14mm to 19mm cannot help but make a noticeable difference: the torsional stiffness of the bar is increased by a factor of 3.4!

From the postings on BW, it might be concluded that the bar being offered is applicable only to cars without anti-squat linkages. If so, that would exclude 500s and 560s as delivered in the USA. LWB250, can you confirm either way?
Without pictures I can't comment on the compatibility with the anti-squat suspension, whatever differences there might be. There is a thread on Benzworld about anti-squat suspension in 500SEL and 560SEL models that may be what you're referring to, and if so, this bar will not work.

I can tell you that if the stock sway bar is a part number 126 326 48 65, the upgraded one should fit as a direct replacement. Bushings and brackets are supplied with the new sway bar.

It won't fit Gen 1 cars, which have a completely different sway bar and link setup as pictured below. This may well be the same as the anti-squat system you reference.

The price will be at or very close to $230 shipped anywhere in the CONUS. We have a few international participants, so if you're not in the continental US, let me know any way and I can put you in touch with our shipping guy.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
W126 Gen II 19mm Rear Sway Bars - Group Buy-gen1b.jpg  

Last edited by LWB250; 12-13-2016 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Added price and shipping reference