View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 03:50 AM
Benz Mondi

Do not Glue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Anderson View Post
The car is a 1991 190E 2.6L M103 5 speed with almost 350,000 miles on it. It's been having problems rough ideling and running at half power when warm. It goes into this mode the instant it thinks it's warm enough, it runs fine when cold. I've changed the fuel filter and distributor cap (rotor is in good shape). I've noticed the EHS drips gas and have replaced the green O rings and glued parts of it, including the two weep holes on the front. It is still damp with gas and still run's bad.

I've heard of the "limp home mode". Could that be what the car is doing?

I'm wondering if a small leak from the EHA could cause this problem.

Any suggestions? Should I keep glueing it?

Yes, all your symptoms are very likely EHA caused. I also just noticed that you wrote you "glued parts of it". Very bad idea. The weep holes are there to tell you that your EHA needs to be replaced. I urge you to not waste another minute and invest the less than $75 for a good, tested, used one with a long warranty, or swallow hard and get a new one for about $250. Either way, solve it first. Gluing the weep holes is like trying to glue the weep holes in a water pump. It will keep it from dripping for a little while only to leave you stranded later because the bearings failed and seized the pump causing even more unnecessary damage. All because you didn't heed the warning that the dripping was telling you about the need to replace the pump. If that EHA fails and causes the car to shut down at the worst time, the engine isn't the only thing that could die.

Prior: 85 190E, 88 300TE, 89 300TE, 90 300E 2.6, 90 300TE, 92 300E 2.6, 91 and 93 300SL, 87 Ferrari Mondial Cabrio