View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 09:41 AM

Thanks so much for the replies.

As far as the way the battery was being connected during the boost, I am not sure how he hooked it up, I will ask him later.

Yes, he said the entire car went dead... the engine stalled instantly and everything went black - no warnings at all. It was as if the car was turned off and didnt have a battery at all. He let it set for a minute after he got it pushed off of the road and it started right up and drove fine the additional 7 miles home. I will check the cables later and see if I see anything obvious. It just sounds like some relay to me going bad or something, but I am not too sure.

Mom is wanting an SUV now as they are raising my special needs nephew and he is 8 years old now and they are needing something with more cargo room as he has a rather large stroller. Mom is also wanting something "more reliable" as this car is pushing 30 years old, but this car has never give me any problems when I would drive it and I still drive the car a lot when mom will ask me to take her somewhere. It has quit three times on my dad... once when the coil went out (twice), again when the alternator went out and then the other night, I am thinking it does not like him. lol. I believe that he thinks he is going to sell it when/if he gets mom an SUV, but little does he know, I want it back... I had looked for a 88-91 300SEL for years and finally found this one in 2007 and had her drove in 6 hours away. I never wanted to let it go, but mom needed a car back in 2010 and had asked me to sell it to them. I will take care of the MB if I get her back... I have 5 cars now, don't need another, but hate to see her go.

Thanks again!!