View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 09:47 PM
SWFL Benz Clubbin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul roberts View Post
He's asking 3500 or 3500 over book? Out here on the west coast through my shop, I see this same year in good shape with lower miles sell between 3000 and 5000 all day long. Depending on a repair, it doesn't necessarily increase the value of the car, but it will make it easier to sell.
sorry I corrected my post, the asking is $500 over book.

PSS - funny thing is I asked him this morning "what is wrong with the car" he told me something about the gas pedal he was going to fix. later on today he called me to tell me he was bringing the car to a local Benz inde, I told him I read about that model and had some concerns, he asked about what I told him the seat control modules draining the battery and he says "oh yeah this car has that problem, I've got them unplugged. "no one else would have known to ask about that but you did, I would have told you any way" I was like...the modules are $200. He said he's going to see if his inde buddy has them and will install them for him.

We got off the phone and I sent him a text asking why he didnt tell me about that when I asked what was wrong with the car and what else was wrong with the car....he didn't write back but did call me. I didn't take the call as I was at dinner with friends. We will see what tomorrow brings but I am less than comfortable because of the omission, which of course could have been an over sight.

I'm betting the modules will be plugged back in and I will be told they were replaced...annnnnnnnnnd so does anyone know if there's a revised part number? are there aftermarkets available or is it a dealer only part?

EDIT - I found this...So I guess there are revised part numbers...

https://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-Mercedes-CONTROL-MODULE-MEMORY/dp/B00D348T08
1982 300D - Blue/Blue (Sold)