View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmalley View Post
On the attached drawing this is how my current system is set up.
The air-check valve from figure 3 pulls vacuum from the top portion of figure 1 & 2. However, the EGR check valve is positioned where the air flow is in the same direction so there is never a time that my EGR valve receives any vacuum from figure 3 because the check valve is pointed in the other direction and does not allow air flow the opposite way. I turned the EGR check valve around and I gassed the throttle cable and the EGR Valve opened up but did not close so it created a sort of rough idle. I turned the check valve back the other way and gassed the throttle cable and the EGR valve did not open up. So whats going on, can someone please comment on the direction of the air flow? I was also thinking that maybe the EGR check valve is supposed to be spring loaded and reversed the other way so that when the throttle is gassed, the vacuum from figure 3 opens the EGR Valve, but then the spring closes it. Please help.
Anyone have an answer for this? I'm guessing that no check valve is how it is supposed to operate, but why was there a check valve there that prevented this function? In the MB literature it also shows a check valve there, but no matter which way it faces, it either never opens or it opens and never shuts.

1990 190E 3.0L