View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 09:03 AM

I use uber quite a bit and have had generally good experiences. From my home to the airport it's $35 for a ride in an Accord or Camry or $65 in a midsize SUV. This compares to around $100 for a town car and $125 or more for a Suburban limo. I don't use taxis because the vehicles are too beat and the drivers too crazy. That said the experience is a bit variable. Had an uber xl ride to dfw in which the three of us and luggage barely fit into the little Mitsubishi SUV. On the way home from that trip we used the same uber service, same price, and got a black Suburban with leather captains chairs, a cooler of bottled water, etc.

Uber works in many places, which is nice. This past fall the spouse and I found ourselves in Vienna at the end of a bike tour. We walked a couple of kilometers across town to a concert, taking in the sights along the way. After the concert we fired up Uber, and a nice young man picked us up in a pristine w211 E220 and drove us across town back to the hotel for all of 7 euros.