View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 12:48 AM

Thanks. I will look at some of the connections tomorrow. I am not much of a mechanic and my dad is a disabled veteran and cannot do much like he used to, so we will probably have to end up taking it to a mechanic. It was just odd that all of this started after he boosted that car off, but he told me it did that before (after telling me it didn't do it until after he boosted off my nephews school teacher), I don't know, I am not sure what he thinks sometimes, lol.

The car starts fine when it is cranking, not sure how it could be a bad battery, I guess anything is possible. It is a Mercedes brand battery that is at least 9 years old because I bought the car in October 2007 and it was on there when I bought it and we have never replaced it because it has never shown signs that it was going bad, I was thinking this issue it is having now was something totally different, but it may be the battery.

I have just never seen anything like that happen before... first the radio seems to go off and back on, then the car shuts off and it goes dead like it does not even have a battery on it - I mean all of the lights go off, headlights, dash lights, radio, etc. The night I was driving it and it did that, everything came back on after about 10 seconds and the car started right back up and I drove home the 30 minute drive with no issues. The time it did it to my dad, he had to let it set for about 10 minutes before everything came back on and was able to start it and drive on home.

My mom is to the point where she does not want to drive the car anymore because she cannot trust it and wanting to get a new car. I would hate to see this old MB go, she has been a good one, but may be time to move on. It has hard to find anyone around here that will even touch an old Mercedes as far as mechanics. I may end up buying it back from them like I need another car with 5 already in my fleet.

Thanks.