View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 04:33 PM

update on the intake manifold and now is low idling

I finally got around to resolve the issue of the high idlinging issue. Both hose nipples on the intake manifold were broken and were replaced by making an adapter hose nipple on each one (also making sure both hose nipples are tight fit as well to avoid air leaks). After starting the engine, I am getting low idling so low it kills the engine.

Troubleshooting on the DM Self Test Diagnostic Module (16 pin) indicated a code 6 meaning Idle speed control faulty. That is the only code showing using the DM.

When I use the code reader to retrieve the codes on the individual pins, the code reader shown these results:

Pin 6, code 9, SRS malfunction indicator lamp (A1e15) or time limit for DTC readout /erasing e

Pin 8, code 8: Idle speed control (ISC) system at upper or lower control stop or CC or EA indicates "limp home" mode

Pin 8, code 13: O2S (Lambda) control system operating at rich or lean limit

Pin 14, code 2: EA/CC/ISC control module (N4/1) or Safety contact switch (M16/1s1) or Stop lamp switch or Cruise control switch or Actual value potentiometer or Starter lock-out/back-up lamp switch or engine speed signal or vehicle speed signal or closed throttle position switch or safety relay in EA/CC/ISC control module.

In addition, my cruise control does not work, either.

I am not sure where to start to resolving these issues mentioned above. Any comments/feedback is greatly appreciated.