View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 09:50 PM

I spent all morning scraping glue on the hood. It should be ready for installing the new pad. Lots of fun!!!

The mount for the engine ECM was originally finished in zinc yellow color. I know a guy who can apply that finish so I removed the ECM and the mount today. It is located in the right front corner of the engine bay. It is a two piece mount with the top part securing the ECM in place while the one side of the larger piece has a number of electrical components mounted on it.

After removing the top part of the mount and removing the ECM from its cubbyhole, I could remove the lower part. There are two 10mm socket size bolts located on the inner part of the radiator support and one 8mm socket size bolt located at the bottom. With those out of the way, I snaked the mount out of the hole and then removed the attached electrical components. The lower components are fastened either with bolts or screws while the upper parts slide into a slot. To remove the upper parts, you insert a screwdriver at one end and push the part back so it can be released from the hole. Pretty simple. I spent most of the rest of the afternoon driving about 50 miles to the plater. I should have them back in a week or so. I found the size of the ECM to be interesting. It is huge. I have had a number of 944's over the years and their ECM is half the size of this one. That in a car that came out 10 years later.

The drier for the AC is also in this cubbyhole.