View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 10:57 PM
The ModFather

Quote:
Originally posted by placo1
Dr. AMG

Saw your post on Autopia.....pretty funny. :p I thought I was detailed, they make me look like a amateur.

To apply the polish the padded cotton will be perfect! I used the Meguiars applicators on mine.

The wax has its own applicator which worked well.

Hope you have two Microfibers or a good towel, wouldn't want to mix the polish and wax together.

Do a before and after of your car in the same position, I forgot to do this. You'll love it!

DOH! Well... After doing one side of the car I was telling myself "Wish had two microfiber towels!" lol Oh well. It's still good I didnt take a pic of before. but I went in the garage, under the light , and did 1/2 the hood and compared, you can tell the swirl marks are reduced by 75% it's awesome!

Here's what did:

I was the car using my Karcher 1500 psi washer, filled w/ Mother's washing liquid (which is said to contain carnuba wax).

then I dried the car using the california blade and chamois.

I then started w/ the s100 polish, put one coat of wax, and then another coat of wax, and now I'm all done, 3 hours later

Result is awesome, looks as good, if not better than the $150 job I used to get from the local detail shop. Night fell so I can't really see for sure that it's better than the shop's work.

I will however go out and take pics tonight Oh and I put wax on the chrome wheels too, looks nice!