View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 04:50 PM

I finished cleaning up the engine bay today. I polished the right side as I had done on the left side. However, because of the battery being there, the finish wasn't as good on that side. After completing the polish, I waxed everything including the edges of the hood and the fenders as well as the radiator support.

Since I had the hub caps off the car, I spent some time on cleaning them up today. Three of them are aluminum with one being steel. I used chrome polish on the steel hub cap and aluminum polish on the other three as well as paint polish on the painted areas. I then waxed all four of them. Two of the aluminum caps has some curb rash and the paint is different on the steel cap, the lower right one in the photo below.

Last Thursday, I picked up the parts that had been refinished in yellow zinc. Tomorrow I can pick up the powder coated parts and I will be ready to put the engine bay back together.

In anticipation of replacing the exhaust, I have sprayed penetrating oil on the exhaust bolts.