View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 11:54 PM

Sugar Bear : I already removed the valve cover and discover some nasty things

Sugar Bear, Thank you for reminding me of the replacement of 12 gommets for the valve cover. I ordered the 12 gommets today. When I removed the 12 bolts on the valve cover to put in a new replacement valve cover gasket, I noticed three of the metal sleeves in which the bolts goes inside have missing rubber/metal washers or gommets.The rubber/metal washer together/combined is in one piece. Those rubber/metal washers goes on the outside of the bolt sleeves, not outside the bolts. In addition, inside the 6 spark plugs holes, oil is everywhere (spark plugs remained intact and had not removed). The old valve cover gasket and the six seals looks worn and torn. The three coils are fine, just dirty with oil. Spark plug wires are in good shape and, again, dirty with oil. Will clean up the coils, valve cover, and spark plug wires. In addition, I will replace with new spark plugs due to oil around the old spark plugs, just to play it safe as well as clean up the inside the spark plug holes once removing the spark plugs prior to replacing with new spark plugs. Thanks to all who have been reading and posting on this issue.