View Single Post
Old 03-21-2003, 07:54 PM

I need help with kind of a similar problem in my '92 300TE 4Matic: no gear sound with power, but now that I've removed the unit from the car, when I turn the mini-belt inside the mechanism, the antenna goes up only 1/2 way. After that, the antenna doesn't move, even though the gears do when I keep turning the mini-belt. Also, if I gently pull or push on the antenna, it won't move and neither do the gears.
I'm thinking it could just be stuck since the antenna has been idle for about a year due to the radio malfunctioning, (E-2 code), last year and my just installing a refurbished replacement from Becker N.A. yesterday. But if that were the case, wouldn't the motor still hum? Could I have burned it out? The fuse is fine, the radio works, and if I touch the retracted staff, the reception gets better, but for obvious reasons, that just won't do. Any suggestions? I have checked and double checked all the electrical connections, but only visibly, not with any tools/meters. I'd welcome all suggestions, as I'd really like to have my antenna working again. Thanks.

1962 MB 220SEb "Fintail" Sedan
1963 Vespa VNB-4T Motor Scooter
1992 MB 300TE 4Matic Wagon
1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon