View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 05:04 PM

Purge switchover valve troubleshooting issue?

Today this morning, I decided to put the CRC Mass Air Flower cleaner spray into the Purge switchover valve vacuum hose nipples. I wish I had my camera working to take some pictures which will show what I am talking about. I noticed several interesting potential issues:

Purge switchover valve missing two rubber boots with ends tops (cover tops). on right side (not the top ones) facing me. Yes, the same two hose nipples as described above.

Also, two prong female electrical connection wiring dangling by itself near the purge switchover valve. The other two prong electrical wiring is already on the bottom of the purge switchover valve. Suppose to connect somewhere. I also noticed some kind of metal housing in front right side of the purge switchover valve that the electrical connector that should be placed there?

There seems to be missing electrical connector wiring that goes somewhere near or on the purge switchover valve on the right side near the two vacuum male openings where supposedly missing two rubber boots goes into them.

The reasons I know this purge switchover valve potentially having issues is because I made a comparison check on my other 1994 Mercedes wagon (with ASR) purge switchover valve and all its connections (rubber boots, electrical wiring connectors, vacuum lines, etc.,) are intacted.

Boy, this is going to be interesting. Could this be the root of all the problems/ issues I described in my thread on my lastest/previous post? Never mind the throttle body EA repaired. The throttle body EA repaired had to be done, regardless/anyway. Will get my two ramps on to the front wheels to get a good look underneath to find the other wiring connector goes to and other possibly loose wiring and/or rubber/vacuum hoses as well. Just follow the locations of the other end of the wiring connections, vacuum lines. Also, do another comparsion check with the other 1994 E320 wagon (with ASR) as well while underneath the engine area. Nice to have another similar wagon to do a comparison check. Almost all the parts on both wagons are identical. I will not do this today due to rain and will follow up as the weather gets better. Stay tune for further updates.