View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Benz Mondi

430 purchase tips

Having had my 2002 model (actually 1st purchased in 2003) for the past year, I can tell you it's been a really good car. As for your purchase, a PPI is always a good idea.

The driver's seat issue is very likely an issue with the door module behind the door panel (the least expensive and easiest to fix) or the seat control module under the seat. All you have to do is remove the two Allen head bolts at the sides of the seat frame that hold the front of the seat bottom to flip it up and access the area underneath the seat. You'll first need to remove the plastic fascia that hides the side of the seat track by removing the Phillips screw from the end closest to the back seat. Depending on the position of the seat, the allen bolt on the trans tunnel side will need an allen wrench that you'll have to cut down to allow you enough clearance.

As for the suspect suspension, you'll want to check the X-braces underneath to make sure they are not loose, check inflation of the tires, and wishbone bushings. As soon as I purchase a car, I always 1st bring it to my local dealer to get an oil change and the complimentary multi-point safety check. Based on the findings, I then decide to have them fix it, have my Indy do it, or fix it myself.

Prior: 85 190E, 88 300TE, 89 300TE, 90 300E 2.6, 90 300TE, 92 300E 2.6, 91 and 93 300SL, 87 Ferrari Mondial Cabrio