View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky raccoon View Post
Jake; we have an 08 Bluetek, bought new. So far we have had NO repairs required. We have done all preventive maintenance by the book. The car is lightning fast to me but my benchmark is a W123 diesel.

It is a great place to sit but I agree that the thought of having to access anything in the engine compartment for remove and replace is the stuff of nightmares. I still prefer driving and maintaining my 300CD.
They are quick as all hell, but I'd rather maintain my w210s and w124s because of the simplicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLGUY View Post
Yes the '07 and up W211 Diesels have a lot crammed under the cover. Although not quite as DIY friendly as a W210, they still have many DIY serviceable systems. My friend has an '07, and I have serviced everything (I am not professionally trained) except the DPF (I may buy the kit from Pelican to do it next time) . They did have the instrument cluster fry because of using it to jump start another car, and it had to be sent for repair. They seem to be very reliable cars. Other than the oil cooler seals, there aren't any major things that go wrong with them. I am partial to the '05 or '06 CDI, and may not ever go further up the food chain ('07 or newer). The CDI's seem to have the best of everything, and I am very happy with mine.......Rich
That's good to hear. I do plan on picking up one of these cars, so that's good to know. I also don't believe that I'll ever go past an 07' Mercedes. Too many computers and too much technology. I hate computers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselPaul View Post
Bluetecs have AdBlue, which I really don't hear about many problems with. The oil cooler thing is labor intensive but a member here put up a really nice DIY, while time consuming it looks totally doable.

What no one wants to talk about as we drive our CDIs around and talk about what complicated messes the bluetec cars are... bluetecs do not have SBC. Something to think about.
I've heard the SBC system is a nightmare in the S-Classes. What's the big issue with them? The oil cooler thing isn't too big of a deal. If that's the major issue with the car, then that's fine with me. Also, like RollGuy said the 07 I drove was the last year before the AdBlue urea system.
2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 220k