View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 04:09 PM

I spent all day removing the threshold carpet and rubber. The carpet did not come out easily. I was able to remove the plastic threshold covers on both sides without damaging them. I inserted a heavy duty scraper under the plastic cover and gently pried up to release it. I also had to pry the door trim away at the bottom to allow the plastic threshold piece to come out. Earlier I had removed the trim on the door pillar where the front and rear doors meet as it also is in the way.

Both front rubber thresholds were damaged towards the rear. I am assuming the culprit here was the seat belt ends being caught in the door as there was no similar damage on the rear door threshold pieces. The front door threshold rubber was very brittle and was removed in pieces by using a plastic scraper and a small hammer. I would place the scraper against the edge of the moulding and then tap the scraper with the hammer. The rear door rubber was not as brittle and came off much easier.

With the carpet and rubber removed, I spent the rest of the day removing the glue with the 3M adhesive remover.

I ran out of time to clean up the rest of the interior floor. Once it is cleaned up I will be ready to install the carpet. One more nasty job done!!!