View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 07:43 PM

1967 108. Key situation.....

I'm trying to get some keys to a 1967 108. But I don't have an owners manual so I don't even know how many, or what kind, of keys I am looking for.

I need to know... What unlocked what on the early 108's? I am guessing the ignition key and the front doors were keyed together, but was the trunk lock worked with the same key? I know the glove box had a different key since it has the same type of lock as a W111, i.e., short.

And if you have an aftermarket key the brand name and the key number would be nice to have.

I am thinking I could remove a front door handle and access the code on the barrel, but would this make a key for the ignition as well?

And I think this was a bit early for the two sided keys. Was it or did it use the same two sided keys as the later 108's?

And I am not worried about this being original. I just need keys that will work. Luckily the car came with the trunk unlocked but I cannot unlock the ignition to turn the steering wheel. This makes loading it and unloading it difficult so currently I am just going to remove the ignition key/lock assembly.

Would there be a code on the ignition assembly?