View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 06:52 PM

Again, nothing can offend you unless you allow or want it to. If you're reading people's negative commentary as a direct personal insult, perhaps you should be re-reading what's being said. Anecdotal evidence is just that...anecdotal. Does it represent the majority of what's going on? No. Does that make it any less relevant? Again, no.

Having dealt with several brands of vehicles over the years, I have repeatedly had horribly poor service with Ford dealerships, and not just in one location either. It doesn't matter which one I went to (or family members for that matter). Having WON two separate lemon-lawsuits against Ford Motor Company, I think I can justify my opinion.

I'm not one of the "complaining" customers you're painting in a bad light, but when my vehicle self-applied brakes and left me stuck in the middle of the expressway at rush hour unable to move out of the lane I was in, I think that's pretty serious. Follow that up with visits to no less than FOUR "dealerships", TWO visits from factory reps sent down from Dearborn, and 6 months of in and out of the shop with no resolution, you bet your sweet ass I'm filing a suit. Sorry, I don't spend my hard earned cash on a piece of $hi+ And for what it's worth, when you washed your car the day before and bring it to the dealership yet again and the front wheels are black with a thick layer of brake dust from the 7 miles you drove to get there, that isn't normal. No amount of attitude from the "service manager" will convince me otherwise either.

I work in an engineering field way more complicated than the automotive arena, and we see the same thing going on in our line of work. The "techs" have evolved into parts changers, unable to actually solve the problem.

There's a BIG difference between using fault codes to troubleshoot a problem and using them to guess what module to swap out. Experience tells you the code means something, complacency tells you it means a failed part.

In no way did I or anyone else say that ALL techs are bad. Yes, customers are a big part of the problem, but go take your car to a dealership with an actual tangible problem and you likely won't get it fixed the first or second time anymore.

Black Sheep:
1985 524TD 167K (TotalDumpster™)

Gone but not forgotten:
1986 300SDL (RIP)
1991 350SD
1991 560SEL
1990 560SEL
1986 500SEL Euro (Rusted to nothing at 47K!)