View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 11:54 PM
smoke gets in your eyes

Calling northeasterners - https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/6045576690.html

Quote:
1983 Mercedes Benz 300CD turbo - $1000 (pacifica)

A classic beauty that still has a lot of miles left in her but owned by someone who no longer has the desire to maintain old cars.

This car was a great little runner and daily driver until the key got stuck in the ignition. I can't turn it or get it out (I have replaced these cylinders in MBs several times before), so I think there is a problem with the steering lock, too. Hasn't been started since July; registered non-operational. Will need to be towed.

The engine was rebuilt by Sal's ******** in SF about 25K ago - can't tell for sure because the odometer never worked. Strong engine. Driver's window has to be helped up by hand; I have a new/used regulator in the trunk but, as said before, I just don't have it in me to work on cars any longer. Battery about a year old.

It is a sin to let this car sit and not pass it along to someone who would love her. Without much work and little cash you could have a still-great car that has always been a joy to drive (windows and roof open on a sunny day - oh my!) and still good for many, many thousands of miles.

If you are still reading and understand the value of what I am offering, give a call and come see.

Sixto
83 300SD
98 E320 wagon