View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperious View Post
Hello everyone I have a 1981 380sl that I got from a friend about a year ago. Thin was in bad shape so I had to save it.

It's now my main driver while my Cummins is down so I'm trying to restore/keep running and not making much progress it seems.

In the fuel system everything except the fuel accumulator is new.

I'm having a problem with pretty much after the warm-up regulator does its job the car starts losing power...Not electrical power but when I step on the gas it starts puttering and struggles to even get going usually. The longer I drive the worse it gets...When it's cold the car runs good.

And the other thing which may or may not be related is the climate control...Everything is dead. My defroster was working until a few months ago...Then the blower stopped coming on...Then when I got the blower working it wouldn't put out any heat....The blower only works now about once or twice in a great while...This doesn't make sense to me...

As for vacuum goes I have run all new vacuum lines to about 90% of the car. The door locks have not been re-run yet because I can't figure out how to get to most of it...

The door locks do not work...I try to lock it and one side will lock while the other one is stiff and will not lock...There is no vacuum pump sound or anything and none of the other locks are working...I cannot find a leak...Doesn't mean it's not there but I have an 85 190 that there is a separate pump locking the locks...

Any advice or help?

Check out the below links for your climate control issue and door lock malfunction. Best of luck!

Mercedes-Benz R107 Replacing the Climate Control Amplifier | R107 (1972-1980) | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article

Mercedes-Benz R107 Door Lock Vacuum Actuator Replacement | 1972-1986 - 450SL, 380SL, 500SL, 560SL | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article

-Dmitry