View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 09:46 PM

Whew....finally done!

My time has been limited to fuss with the 300D, but it is finally back together. New water pump, thermostat, all belts, oil and fuel filters, trans filter, pan gasket and ATF. My job was complicated a bit by the A/C on my car, but it was inop for the time being so I didn't stress too much.

Having the car on jack stands made the oil canister removal easy. The water pump required removal of the AC condenser, radiator and shroud. That sure helped access, but getting the fan clutch off of the pulley was a minor strain. I discovered a leaky trans cooler hose, and replaced that while I was at it. The valve cover bolts were a bit loose also and contributing to my driveway drips.

After refilling fluids, I had an air bubble in the cooling system. Removing the hoses from the firewall valve assembly and giving everything a gentle flush and fill from the garden hose fixed that.

Pretty satisfying to have cured a couple of leaks and have an engine that actually reaches operating temp. Next up is a diesel purge. I'm excited to see how the stuff works on my car.