View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 02:15 PM

My late friend dropped a Euro M110 in a 111 sedan chassis. There were a few things, such as moving the battery tray from the left side to the right side; swapping out the brake booster and modifying the parking brake pivot in order to gain clearance for everything. He used a 4-speed manual tranny from another 111 parts car. Everything bolted together and he used a 108 floor shifter with shortened shift rods. The rear axle was from a 4.5 108 chassis and had a 3.23:1 ratio. Of course he had to add the electric fuel pump, custom make power steering hoses & fuel lines, install a custom exhaust and use 14 inch wheels to clear the rear calipers.

An article was written for the STAR magazine as if his son built the car, but I know better (as well as other folks). If you have or can get your hands on a copy of the January/February 2010 of the STAR, look under 'Star Struck' for the write up and pictures of the finished product.

I purchased the Mercedes from my friend before he passed in 2013. The car had been sitting and needed some maintenance, tweaking and TLC in order to make it road worthy again. With a few more modifications, I brought the car to the 'next level' - starting better, running smoother, etc. It still looks as good as in the pictures even after traveling almost 11,000 miles.

With the under hood space being just about equal to the 111 chassis, I do not think you will have any problems transplanting the M110 in your 108 chassis. The CIS M110 has plenty of power and the setup in the 220S I described delivers over 20+MPG. That is of course if I control my right foot, as this is a FUN car to drive.

Good luck with your project.

Tom