View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 04:48 PM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up

OE seemed to be the only thing that lasts half decent on this car. OE were just put on around '05 when I acquired this thing in '07. I put OE on the car and they lasted a decent time. July '11 was around 276k on the car. Been flat for about 12-18 months. So it appears five years is all you will receive from motor mounts on a W126.024/5

Actually doing this again here, at 316k. Found one for $60.50 and one for $124.63, both new for OEM. I added an exhaust hanger to shim the bottom of the driver's side, seemed to help quite a bit. The mounts, when compressed, are about 0.5" too short from what I can tell and the downpipes will rest on that caster rod brace or the idler arm. Mine is on the idler arm as I dimpled the caster rod brace.

Head is coming off to replace head gasket again, maybe I will ceramic coat the manifolds while off and wrap the downpipes to contain heat. At least my '90 model does not have precats just resonators.

Meyle is garbage, I would not install anything from them on anything I own. They are in the same league as Uro. Febi is very close, but they are a repacker...so who knows what you will receive.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]