View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbenjamin View Post
It would be helpful for me to figure out where all these hoses go and where these bubbles keep coming from.
Can anyone point me to a good resource?
It would be helpful to know where you are seeing the bubbles and if the bubbles are moving.

I don't know where there is pictures of the whole Fuel system but will attempt to describe it.

There is a Fuel Supply System and a Fuel Injection System.

Fuel Supply System: Stats with the Fuel Tank, Fuel Flows through the Fuel Tank screen into hoses under the left side of the Car on a W123.

Below is the most likely pace where Air is getting in to make bubbles:
The hose comes out on the left Fender Well and goes into the Plastic Filter (primary Filter) and into the Fuel Supply/Lift Pump. Since the Fuel Supply/Lift Pump is supplying the suction on that side of the pump which is the Fuel inlets side this is were there is a chace for Air to be sucked into the Fuel Supply System. An alternative area for Air to get sucked into the system is the Hand Primer Pump.
The more forward Hose or Tubing that comes out of the Fuel Supply Lift Pump (has fuel that is under pressure) goes to the Spin-on secondary Filter. From the Secondary Filter the Fuel goes into the Housing of the Fuel Injection Pump where it is available for the Elements (that supply the Fuel high pressure Fuel Injection to the Injectors).

The Fuel in the Fuel Injection Pump Housing flows through the Housing past the Fuel Pressure Relief/Overflow Valve that controls the Fuel Supply Pressure in the Fuel Injection Pump Housing.

From the Fuel Pressure Relief/Overflow Valve the Fuel is exiting the Fuel Injection Pump and is on the way to the Spin-on Filter Housing and out the Cigar Hose to the tubing on the Fender well and under the left side of the Car and back to the Fuel Tank.
That excess Fuel that ends up back in the Fuel Tank was used to cool the Fuel Injection Pump.

The Elements one per each cylinder supply the High Pressure Fuel to the Injectors and are not the cause of bubbles.