View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxbumpo View Post
I bought it and installed it about a week ago, and I couldn't happier. Reception is superb (still don't know the sensitivity but I've had no issues at all pulling in all the stations I normally listen to).

Operation is dirt simple, nothing to distract the driver when simply turning on/off, adjusting the volume, or tuning the radio. The look is a terrific match for the interior, simple matte finish, illumination color a very close match to the rest of the interior lights. Huge for me: NO SWIMMING FISH, DISCO LIGHTING, or other irritating "Look at ME!" foolishness that is found in nearly all the radios sold in the US today. No stupid beeping!

My model has Bluetooth and front connections for USB and AUX IN. My HTC One phone syncs up using Bluetooth with no issues. Streaming music or podcasts works great and sounds terrific. Making or receiving cell phone calls is a snap (my phone is mounted in the windshield in easy reach). The built-in microphone on the front of the radio works fine. There is a remote mic included with the radio, but I have not installed that. I briefly tried the USB connection to my phone; it provided power, but I could not get access to any of my podcasts. I'm not sure if MP3 music files would have been found easily, if anyone would like me to explore that further let me know.

Harness: I've installed this into my '87 wagon (124.193), and the original radio connectors are different than the ISO connectors on the back of this radio. I made my own harness adapter, using a Crutchfield adapter and connectors scrounged from later 124 cars. A radio antenna adapter is also required.

Anyone looking for a single DIN radio for an MB, I highly recommend any of these Continental radios. They are made by VDO; the VDO versions have blue lighting if you prefer that (would look great in a VW probably).

Hey PeachParts!!! This would be a great product line for you to offer!!!

I bought mine through this site:

Navigationssysteme, Autoradios, Lautsprecher, CD-Wechsler... - caraudio24.de

I had to pay the 19% VAT on the radio, and would have also had to pay the same tax on the shipping if I hadn't had a friend to help me out. I'll bet that a business could purchase and ship in bulk for a much lower price and exempt from the VAT.

There is a more expensive version that includes a CD player, and lesser versions without CD or Bluetooth.

Navigationssysteme, Autoradios, Lautsprecher, CD-Wechsler... - caraudio24.de
This is very helpful. I just ordered the Bluetooth version of the Continental unit.

One question, you note that a radio antenna adapter is required, is this something that can be picked up easily at a [surviving] radio shack or similar store? Did you encounter any problems having the unit fit flush within the old units space?

Sean