View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rialas View Post
I get up every morning and look forward to this daily read.
Glad you enjoy it. Kind of like I look forward to my daily Bring a Trailer email.

No car here today but I am going to clean up each of the door panels and the rear ash trays. I am also going to paint the dirt shields.

I did discover an issue with the radio during the past couple days. I installed the Becker Europa II radio to what I think is the factory wiring. I know it is the factory wiring for the speakers but the power lead was the same one used for the cassette radio that I removed. That voltage wire appears to be a factory 12V lead.

The speakers are wired into the speaker fader control on the dash. It works as it should except for one thing. There appears to an amplified signal to the speakers even when the radio is off. With the radio off, if I turn the speaker fader potentiometer, I hear a scratching noise at the speakers. I can hear a faint crackling noise as well. I don't understand how the speakers can have a signal with the radio off as there is only one power lead to the radio. I am wondering if I have a separate amplifier that is not turning off. According to Becker, the radio I purchased does not need a separate amplifier.

With the radio on, I get a whine from the speakers that is related to engine speed. If I turn up the radio enough, it masks the whine pretty well.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Issues like this are one of the main reasons I like to post my projects. One can normally assume that he will not be the only one who ever had a specific problem.