View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Reiner View Post
1) How long has it been since the car was last run. If more than a year, there may be cause to suspect some clogging in the small orifices of the injection system.

Seller says it has started and run for brief periods of time but I suspect at most 10 years since the last inspection sticker reads 2006

2) Does the engine stall immediately after releasing the key from the "start" position and returning it to the "run" position, or, does the engine run for a couple of seconds after the key is released from "start"?

I believe it starts for a second after releasing the key, I however was under the hood while the seller was trying to start it

If there is an immediate stall, the cause may be ignition related. There may be a faulty resistor in the primary circuit, or there may be a defective key switch.
If there is a short period of running, the problem is likely in the injection. Having an ignition fault while trying to find an injection problem is likely to make you feel like Sisyphus.
The seller told me it has run for varying periods of time, i guess anywhere from 2 seconds to almost a miniute