Thread: W140c
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2003, 09:14 PM

OK...

i shall try to do this in the next several days. because they are all almost perfect. i have some regrets, the cell phone antenna fitted to the 560sec for instance.

the previous owner of the 6.9 who glued a compass to the dash. which, when removed, tore the leather. and the replacement of the horrible becker europa with the becker unit out of the sec.

the 560sel remains as manufactured. no alterations. except for the replacement of the becker radio with a sony unit and an in-trunk cd jukebox.

the e320cab has received a most user-friendly mod. i had the passenger side airbag removed and replaced with a glove box. and removed the center console so that it now works like the 116, 126's. i have a place to put my coffee cup. i wager that my 1995 e320 cab is the only one in north america with a real glovebox.

the interesting aspect of these four cars is that they all have blue leather interiors. paint, the 6.9 is smokesilver. the sel is diamondblue metallic. the sec is arctic white, and the e320 is glacierwhite with a blue canvas top.

when i complete the c140 acquisition, i will have abandoned my favorite interior color motif. benz ceased doing blue leather interiors for these cars in the mid-1990's. i understand it has been revived for the new e class. but not for the s.

so it goes.