View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=Almobile;1465488]Thanks yall,

A 46mm will do but, these things are quite expencive. I got one for 30 bucks but the its too thick. Dang.

"stuck at home"[/QUOTE]

You need to have a minimum of 1/2 tank of fuel. If you swap the positions of the Fuel Return Line where it goes on the Fender Well with the Fuel Inlet Hose which is also on the Fender Well you can run the Vehicle after you do some priming with the hand primer.

When you do the above you are drawing fuel from a tube that is higher then the bottom of the Fuel Tank and you would be sort of back flushing the Tank Screen because you are no returning the Fuel through the Tank Screen.
But, because you are drawing Fuel from a higher position you would run out of Fuel sooner then you expect.

If you do that and get it running normal you might go to a Boating Shop and get some Startron for Diesels and put that in the Fuel Tank after which fill your tank and drive.
The Startron has an enzyme that is suppose to eat up solid stuff (not rust) and render it so small it can pass through the Fuel Filters.

You might be able to avoid removing the Tank Screen doing that.

After the Tank has gone down you might try swapping the Fuel Hoses back to their normal positions and see if everything is normal.

The Sockets often have a tapered area inside before it gets down to the teeth of the socket. If that taper is steep enough the teeth of the Socket will be too far away from the Hex on the tank screen as the Hex is kind of thin.
The Socket I got was like $7 from a cheapie tool store but I needed to put it on a belt sander to remove that inside taper.
See post #52 and there is a pic of the Socket before it was sanded/ground down: Ultra Frustrating!!!!!!!!!