Thread: Two Tank setup
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdschell View Post
I have a few questions for this audience, the guys from benzworld sent me over here. I picked up a 81 300D for cheap and fixed everything up runs good (maybe needs some new injectors)

I was doing some research on SVO and WVO and even picked up most of a two tank system from greasecar (dont have the instructions though). The guys over at benzworld say that its destructive to the engine but, other research i have read say that its fine.

Since im currently using it as my DD i dont want to tear anything up.

So, is it really bad for the engine and does any one have the instructions on how to setup that kit?
You will get every "opinion" under the sun on this issue. For starters your location is not listed and has a good deal to do with it.

There are also a lot of variables that you have not mentioned.
Do you intend to pick up a burger and fries and if they agree to give you a few gallons of oil you dump it in the tank before eating the burger.

Will you be processing it into actual bio-diesel or somewhere in-between.

If it is your daily driver, you for sure need to replace all of your rubber fuel line with material that is compatible with the feed material.

Or in other words, yes it may ruin your engine, or no it may not.

I purchased a 300d that had been run on a two tank system when I got it at 256k on the in operative odometer that seller said it had close to 300k of which he said 50k of that was on WVO.
I put another 70-80k on it no problems other than fuel lines.