View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 12:55 PM
fischp

Please indulge me for a second and let me add a bit more info, in case I'm not conveying all of the details.

I live in Tampa and my garage is about 90 degrees right now, so I'm guessing there's not much cold about my engine even at first start. I've replaced or rebuilt lots of engine parts over the past months as time and money allowed. I'm not new at restoration, I've done dozens of cars over the years and I've gone through this car fairly well looking for vacuum leaks, broken things etc. I do have a vacuum leak in the interior, so I've capped the vacuum line at the fire wall where it splits and goes to the reservoir and then the interior. So, the interior vacuum gauge is not working right now, nor are the doors etc.

When I start my 380, it always starts the first time. When I walk around to the back of the car, I see what looks like smoke, with a white tint as far as I can tell, definitely not black. The smoke smells very rich and does not go away regardless of how long I run the engine. I've run her over an hour with no change. I am not losing coolant so the smoke isn't because of a head issue. The oil is fresh and does not smell like gas is washing into the crank case, I also have fresh anti-freeze. When I run the engine, I do so without the air cleaned attached.

I've only had one other CIS engine before and I don't remember any smoke or smell on that one, so I'm assuming there's an issue... I hope I'm not chasing shadows and these cars just normally run that way. I tried to take a video but the smoke didn't show well.