View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldiehard View Post
Leaning the ALDA will reduce fuel during boost, you don't want to mess with that. I wonder how you came up with better mileage figures in city driving? that is opposite what you should have could it be a measurememnt error?

I just got a set of Monarks for my '99 turbodiesel. Oddly though they were marked ECS or something but they came from Germany by a seller who claimed they were Monarks. Tomorrow I will find out how they perform after they get installed, along with new seals.
The reason for changin is because I have nailing after a recent valve job and its my hope that the nozzles are the cause. Performance is fine but the nailing I can't stand.
DDH
Under boost is where I was having the most problems. Soon as the turbo would spool up and a heavy load, BIG smoke. Leaning the ALDA has put an end to that, with no affect to drivability or power.

Around town, most of our speed limits are 30 or 35. No boost there since the engine is usually running around 1500 RPM or less. Overfuelling under boost would explain why the in-town mileage was ok, but the highway mileage was utter crap.

I went to Monark nozzles after being disappointed with the random failings of the Bosch India nozzles I had. You won't be disappointed. All things being equal, the engine seems much more lively with the Monark nozzles installed.

Black Sheep:
1985 524TD 167K (TotalDumpster™)

Gone but not forgotten:
1986 300SDL (RIP)
1991 350SD
1991 560SEL
1990 560SEL
1986 500SEL Euro (Rusted to nothing at 47K!)