View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLGUY View Post
For some reason I thought the EPC only worked on Windows machines. I never subscribed for that reason. I too am a Mac user, and would like to have the EPC available. I have an old Mac laptop that is not connected to the internet, and wonder if that would work?
The E.P.C. on C.D. runs as a virtual machine, like VMWare, thus how doing it here in post 50: Electronic Parts Catalog IS NO LONGER FREE - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum .

Apparently also can run it on VMWare, but don't quite understand that.

My MacBook Air was a gift by a deceased relative, but like to find a way to purchase the 32gigabit Pro supposedly coming in Winter. As of now, only have 4 gigabytes in each, so not going to be running it for now. But, with 16 gigabytes, that should be enough.

Oh, and 8 gigabytes is barely enough to run eQuest (energy and E.C.M. simulation software), especially with AutoC.A.D. open. Rather than gaming as probably intended. 4 gigabytes gets interesting when using VMWare...

And Rich, if not using VMWare, do suggest it. Find easier than Bootcamp. Which on the 2013 Air I have, wouldn't run, kept crashing and deleting itself. That is how have run E.P.C. when it was free.

Hoe this helps...

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.