View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 05:10 PM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT220D View Post
AC performance improves too.

This is a huge point everyone missed but you. You have huge airflow at idle with a quality e-fan setup, a clutched fan cannot do this.

Newer Ford half ton trucks have efans. I think they started with the 11th generation, but 12th and 13th have them for sure. GM started in 2005, I converted my 2001 GM truck to the factory '05 setup even. My 1998 Volvo wagon (RWD still) has a dual speed fan from the factory. These are all set from the factory to run a low speeds and high speeds, not all or nothing. Only time the Volvo ever ran full blast is when I had a CTS issue.

I can also assure everyone, that an e-fan on high speed will be less parasitic than a locked fan clutch. A locked clutch absolutely kills off the line performance and fuel economy. About 10 years back a pal dyno tested his truck with an unlocked clutch versus no clutch, difference was about 7rwhp I recall. Minimal. Locked was significantly more, in the 23rwhp area before it finally uncoupled.

FWIW, the 960/V90 style dual speed fan fits the W126 300SD. Barely. As soon as I can figure up a good way to mount it, it will be on my car. It will not fit the 560, but Ford Contour V6 SVT ones should.

Engine warm ups are faster as are cool downs.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]