View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4diesel View Post
The compressor companies didn't get "honest" until recently, and even then, it's best to take most of the claims with a grain of salt. Just do the best you can with what you have, sounds like you'll be ok, once you get that regulator sorted out, you might want two of those piggy back tanks though.
Okay, so then have to probably go with best guess if 110, seems 220 is a bit more honest. Never know what deal might come up, but right now can't look as don't have a vehical.

Quote:
I'm not too sure on the regulator, why I say that is because my Craftsman has the pressure switch integrated in the regulator, so I'd be reluctant to mess with a generic replacement. What do you mean it's leaking? I'd need to know more.
Doesn't build pressure, needle stays at zero, running the whole time, and have air leaking out from inside the black box, which is attached to the manifold. Would get a picture, but iPhone hasn't had a working camera (not sure why and without transportation, S.O.L..) and the 2010 Kodak finally quit. Spent an hour messing around, but no progress. In short, stuck with words.

Quote:
You really want to get away from your compressor with at least 30 feet of something that will cool down the air, and allow the condensate to be separated. If space is an issue you can make a manifold using cheap black pipe and elbows, just go back and forth and attach it to the wall, put a petcock to drain it at the bottom, then go back up a foot or so from that drain with another elbow, and then attach your coalescing oil filter, particle filter, and finally desiccant dryer. Keep in mind everything you attach reduces flow, so keep your fittings as large as possible, half inch should be fine though.
30 feet is a lot of pipe and a lot of connections if doing a manifold. Limited on wall space also and don't have the ability to hang things overhead. So, what happens if don't have 30 feet?

Other thought is put it outside so when comes into the cooler garage, helps create condensation?

That also have the affect getting the noise pollution outside, though not sure how the compressor like the hot air outside.

My understanding is you said only need a water filter and now here is more parts. So far, looking like close to $2,000 just in tools.

Further, since an oil free compressor, curious why need an oil filter?

Quote:
Since you're just starting out get nothing but "v" type high flow connectors, they make as massive difference from the standard IM connectors. I'm slowly switching over.
Good to know, especially when the system is so minimal.

Quote:
The Finex isn't a cheap gun, I have one I've used about three times, I'd let go for someone starting out. I'll just keep it if not. The one I have is the FX3000, with the 1.4 needle. It's a great gun, and yes it's pretty efficient with air usage.
Okay, just checking since now offered it twice.

Quote:
I just shot the epoxy primer with the Astro 1.9 gun, and it does spray very well, BUT damn if it doesn't consume air like there is no tomorrow! Even my dual compressor setup struggled with it. I'll probably keep it though, because I don't have anything with a larger needle than 1.4, which tends to shoot primer way too dry.
Why can't you put a different size into the 1,4 gun?

Quote:
I shot the epoxy primer on the door jambs of my project car last night, this morning I shot the color coat, and this afternoon I'll be shooting the clear coat. I'll post pictures to update my project car thread, (which it seems everyone has lost interest in, can't blame them, I took a break for more than a year from the project, life intervened).
Good to read making progress! Here thought a four month hiatus was a lot, though seems now will be years before can finish. Look forward to the build thread.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.