Thread: kjetronic
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyslc View Post
Tomguy.
That would be a solution. One of the other problems in searching US based sellers is the model type. They all lead to 380/450 models . Obviously not many 280SLC's were imported to America.
This leads to the problem of trying to find part No's etc. I believe only 9000 280 models were built so getting parts can be a problem.
If I can find them another problem comes up with the, in many cases, won't ship to Thailand statement.
If anyone out there (US) can post a fuel distributor and 6 injectors reconditioned etc I will do a cash transfer to them, they can post after receipt of the cash.
I have never used paypal etc, over here I don't even have a credit card, it's just two risky.
I may have to throw myself on the mercy of customs here and bite the bullet on import dues for K system or Carbs when they arrive.
'Global shipping' ? is the best I've heard, they deliver to home address. Others that are generally used may hold in BKK for a few and on collection charge a storage fee.

If you want a quiet restful retirement don't try to rebuild a classic car here.

Regards

Andy.
I don't know this for sure but I am betting the same engine and FI set-up could be found in the US version of the 280e. This was a 123 bodied car. They are not common but can be found.

Shipping cost is the big thing. Up to four pounds is not expensive but if you go over that the cost rise quickly. I mail stuff to your country now and then and have never had anything go missing. But then I am mailing paperwork and the custom's charge is close to zero if not zero.

You would need a list of what parts are necessary before anyone could see if they could help.