View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 06:22 PM

w115 Gorilla Pre Glow Knob/Pull Starter Testing

Hello, My 1974 240d Glow Plug "Gorilla Knob" is no longer working correctly. It will pre-glow my glow plugs, but the starter function is not working correctly. It was working intermittently until finally stopping all together. I believe that it is a bad electrical connection that is causing this. I am wondering if other members have had this problem and what a good method to fixing this Starter Knob is.

My plan is to gain access to the instrument cluster so that I can make space to get to the starter pull knob.

The bowmen cable appears to be working correctly at the injection pump. The car was at a mechanics and they said the battery died. I suspect that something happened with the electrical system at that point, this is a positive ground car and I suspect they made a mistake. The easiest way is to fix this myself if possible, and move on. I can still pre-glow the GP's and use a starter button installed in the glove compartment but i would like to use the functionality of the pull starter as intended.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have this as a starting point
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/eurotec/2012-07-27_114420_15-535.pdf