View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 09:23 PM
Sounds familiar hbofinger, I bought mine when my truck (in the list) was getting rather unreliable. I knew the Benz, as I bought it from a lady I used to rent a house from and knew it had been well taken care of. I don't like small cars and figured the price was right sooooooo. To date it starts with a mere bump of the key, idles so smooth you have to put your hand on the fender to even know if it's running (just turned 191,000).Oh yes, it does turn heads out here in the sticks and most don't believe it's 12 years old. I agree with you about a heavier car in the snow but here in Ga all we get is muddy roads after a rain (wash bucket here is always in use).

So far I've replaced 2 fuses, 2 light bulbs, idler arm bushings, and the blower brushes. On my to do list is tie rod ends, ball joints, A/C fix, door lock problem and check engine light (came on 2 days ago). Any other car I've ever owned was ready for the crusher by this time, 12 years and 191,000 miles.
1991 300SE (my ride, 279,000 miles, looks almost new
1954 Cadillac (21 yo son's car, he bought when age 15)
1972 SeaBird 19 ft runabout (old but solid, slant six, Volvo sterndrive perfect condition, undergoing complete overhaul and refit)
1998 Toyota Rav4 (my sons daily driver when he is in the Continental US, PROUDLY serving in US Navy)