Thread: Free Shipping
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 11:53 AM

Thumbs up Free Shipping

Two thumbs up to Pelican... and two thumbs down to the competition!

Shopping for parts for a brake job, I found another site with fairly comparable prices on some items (a buck or so less, here and there) with "Free Shipping on orders over $100!" Every part on my order said "This part qualifies for free shipping!" Each time I added something to my cart, I got the message "Add $xx more for FREE SHIPPING!" Wow, what a win! Added a couple of extra parts to get to $100, clicked to check out...

THESE three parts will ship from our CT warehouse for $10+...
THESE two parts will ship from our AZ warehouse for $11+...
THESE three parts will ship from our IL warehouse for $10+...

My "Free Shipping" order was going to cost me over $33 to ship!

Back to the Pelican Parts website, where they had everything in stock and ready to ship (including a couple of things the other guys didn't carry). And since it added up to $100, it qualified for FREE SHIPPING -- which I actually got!

The order arrived today, quicker than I expected, in time to work on the car this weekend. Everything is correct and clearly high-quality. I couldn't be happier.

I work for a similar catalog retailer, and I know that free shipping offers are an expensive headache for the retailer, and necessary exceptions make the customers unhappy. Pelican deserves a hat tip for not playing games. They have earned my trust, and I will definitely be back. And I won't go back to that other site!