View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 12:27 PM

nope it is the steel lines as well

Dave:

Thank you so much for the reply- hope some day I can return the favour. It is most certain the steel line- it rusted thru under the rubber holders that keep it tight to the body- Chicago salty winters I supose

The other lines need to be replaced as well - right now I am looking to replace the steel lines - I see that the steel lines are 7 mil and I would like to replace them with stainless steel fuel lines- I found a place on the web http://www.mmsacc-stainless.com/html/fuel_acces.htm that has stainless lines by the foot- I am just wondering if I can use their 5/16th line to replace the 7 mil or do I stick with 7 mil and just get it thru mercedes. Thoughs anyone.

So I have to drop the suspension- I will have to compress the springs yes????. I am not in the position to purchase spring compressers right now if they cost 500.00- they must be different than macpherson strut compressors huh? too bad

have you ever replaced steel fuel lines before???

I have but there were unions so minimal bending- I am just wondering if I can handle the bends myself or do I just go with flex line and put in a union- I understand that sometimes when you do a splice you get problems- I am thinking if I do the flex line I can have hydraulic compression fittings done but then there is still the union to deal with. Any thoughts / words of wisdom/ suggestions

Please and thanks

peace;

nib
Gigantische Schiffe, die brannten, draußen vor der Schulter des Orion
Und ich habe C-beams gesehen, glizernd im Dunkel, nahe dem Thannhäuser-Tor
All diese Momente werden verloren sein....in der Zeit
so wie...Tränen im Regen