View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcoving View Post
I have what appears to be a Beck/Arnlel fuel pump that is leaking. Just purchased car and put in 10 gallons of fresh gas to find about 2 tablespoons of of gas in catch pan over night. Can this pump be rebuilt?
Beck/Arnley pumps are likely rebuilt OE Bosch pumps. The head of the pump can be dismantled and it does have two 0-ring seals that could possible be leaking. (see pictures below) Sometime there is an internal leak and gas comes out around the electrical connectors. Probably more difficult to repair.

I would first maybe remove the cover so you can get at pump, then wipe everything dry and see if you can see just where fuel is leaking from. Perhaps it is from one of the hose connections.

It is possible to get replacement pumps these days, for under $200. I think we have discussed this here in SL or Vintage forums. There is more over on Benzworld.

By the way, I also own a 1972 350SL. There is a good MB107 forum over at Benzworld where many of us 107 SL owners hang out. Check out the EGV107 section in the stickies over there.