View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 03:43 PM
#TRUMP2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarTek View Post
Part of the normal noises from the engine preparing to start is a "click" from the SOV and a sort of "tok" sound from the fuel rack cycling and releasing.

These sounds may be almost simultaneous but they can be heard if you have the window or door open. I would listen for these sounds each try at starting and if any are absent, you can start to determine why.

Once cranking, the ECU will advance the rack forward slowly until the engine catches and then the rack moves back to an idle position where it's regulated by the ECU. This can be observed if the side cover is removed from the IP.
Familiar noises, now I know what they mean, awesome! Thank you I'll keep an ear out for them. Always wondered what that loud tok sound was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpernell View Post
There are numerous posts regarding the same problem as yours, and it turned out to be the k40. It is not an expensive fix, and that would be the first thing I would be inclined to replace. Good Luck!!!
Replaced a few months ago as stated, Genuine MB part, I doubt it has failed so quickly.

America's Rights and Freedoms Are Not The Enemy!