View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 03:50 PM

Thanks for all the detailed info!

On the steering input I only have one double u-joint, new. There is no "slop" between steering wheel input to wheel movement.

I'm not reading any bump steer, and been over some dips big enough for that to have shown itself.

I've got to look at why the adjustment of the castor bottomed out. Nothing I did should have had any impact on that.

I've had the car on the dyno for a couple hours for break-in, up to 75% throttle, no noises or extreme vibrations.

After posting on Monday, I started thinking about tire pressure. I had the pressure at 30 lbs and bumped up to 36 lbs and drove it yesterday to get it weighed. That solved about 75% of the "feel". Going to spend some time today to research correct air pressure now that I have the weight. Rest of the problem could be shocks and maybe springs. Plans to bag the car, more research ahead.

FYI, before I started this project I took the car to have it weighed. With 1/2 tank of gas the car weighed 1760 front, 1400 rear, 3140 total.

Now, after the swap, same scale, 1/2 tank gas, 1880 front, 1420 rear, 3300 total.

So I've added 120 lbs to the front and 20 lbs to the rear. I should have gone with an aluminum block, would have been almost exactly the same weight!

But while driving yesterday my oil leak popped back up. I think I'm going to have to change the oil pan. The remote filter connection at the pan is defective. Sucks too, I was just getting momentum again!