View Single Post
Old 03-31-2003, 08:10 AM
Moderator and Tire God

Michelin

since it was brought up I thought I would post this message from Michelin that was sent to me from Michelin North America

Michelin has been listed as the subject of a boycott because of it's connection to France. Below is information from Michelin with an explanation of their strong connection and commitment to the US.

"The difference of opinion within the United Nations between the United States and France is creating some cause for concern among some of our customers and no doubt, some of your customers. Boycotts of French products are being suggested as a way of demonstrating the frustration. It is always best to have facts when confronting criticism and dispelling misunderstanding. To help you understand the facts and explain them to your customers, we offer the following information.

A boycott of Michelin products in the United States would not be a boycott of French products. It would be a boycott against American products, made in 17 U.S. factories, located in 7 states. By rejecting the Michelin brand or other brands within the Michelin family of brands they would not only deny themselves products that have won their patronage, but they would also hurt American workers. Michelin North America, Inc., an American company with its corporate charter issued by New York State, employs some 20,000 people in the United States.

Michelin first came to this country as a tire manufacturer in 1908. Today, our employees are the leaders in their communities in giving to the United Way, Special Olympics and the American Cancer Society, just to name a few of the charities Michelin supports. Thousands of Michelin employees volunteer across the country in local school enrichment programs, Meals on Wheels and other vital non-profit services.

Perhaps you should know that in 2001 when terrorists attacked the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the Michelin Group responded the next day by donating $1 million to provide aid to the families of the victims. Michelin employees from around the world contributed to this fund as private individuals and Michelin North America also provided a quarter million dollars in tires and services to rebuilding efforts in New York City and Washington, D.C.

As a supplier, Michelin North America has among its customers every branch of the U.S. armed forces. We supply more than half of the tires for the Army’s heavy tactical trucks. Michelin and Lockheed Martin provide total supply chain management for U.S. Navy aircraft, delivering tires anywhere in the United States in two days or less and anywhere in the world in four days or less. In support of our reservists and guardsmen, we recently extended the benefits of those Michelin employees who have been called to active duty in the Iraq crisis.

We value your association with our company and we are proud to be your tire supplier. We hope the facts presented in this letter will help you understand and explain the very American nature of our business dealings in this country and the international scope of the Michelin Group worldwide. Countries and their citizens determine politics. At Michelin, our united goal is to bring you, our customer, uncompromising quality with the best possible tire at the best possible price in each market we decide to serve.

Sincerely,

Michelin North America"

Please, call me to place orders or for more info
use my name for on-line orders