View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 03:41 PM
w00t

I'm affraid of the repercussions of what I'm about to say:

Get the Honda.

Reason being is that the w123s are more DIY hobby type cars that requires the owner to be more aware of whats going on with it and be willing to either do the work that needs to be done or pay for some one to do it. You can't skimp on these cars or else everything goes downhill. Especially the 300D Turbos, they are a lot more complicated then a 240D 4-speed and require more time and money to keep on going. I personally don't have a problem doing things ranging from the std oil change to major brake or suspension work, and when the time comes Engine stuff. While my car sits out back waiting for repairs I can hop in another car (most of the time my dads Saturn) and drive down to MB and get a part or just go hang out with friends. (In other words I have a spare car).

With a Honda though you don't have to worry about ANYTHING. even oil changes seem optional (for the most part). My friend's dad has a Acura that they bought 14 years ago. They haven't had to do any major repair work to that thing, and it sees action all through Dallas and Ft Worth.

Sure a Honda isn't as unique as a old MB, but on the other hand, can your mom handle the responsiblites associated with an old MB.

1982 300D - Silver/Blue "Ralph" -For Sale:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/mercedes-benz-cars-sale/119226-1982-300d-sale.html#post852260

1989 VW Diesel Jetta Blue/Blue "Bodo" RIP