View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 09:51 AM

M104 PVC or IAC hose confusion

I am re-installing the air intake after a head gasket replacement on a 1991 300CE with a M104.981 engine (straight 6, DUAL overhead cam). I got this car after another mechanic gave up putting it back together, and I think there are some missing pcv related hoses.

In the photo below, I am pointing to a long hose coming from the lower oil pan area....I am not sure where this hose connects to on the intake manifold or if perhaps it somehow connects to the IAC valve (idle air control valve). It is part of the PCV system but I am not sure where it is supposed to go. Anybody know?

The only other thing I am not sure where it connects to (possibly related to the hose above) is the inlet side to the IAC valve (Idle air control valve), shown in the photo below. I've seen photos online of the inlet of the IAC with a hose pointing downward below the intake, so I know it goes somewhere below the intake, but nothing else showing where the hose is routed to or from, so any help would be appreciated:

I've been to the dealer and they were unable to figure this out and suggested that I find another car with the same engine to compare it to, so hopefully someone out there has some experience and could point me in the right direction....THANKS!