View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomguy View Post
Honestly I never liked how large the old plug was. Oil was almost guaranteed to overflow any drip pan I had. I had to lift it up high enough to fit a bucket underneath! It's nice to see they changed that.

I don't have access to the parts diagram book any more, since it went with my car when I sold it. Shouldn't there be a screen on the pickup tube?

Your progress on the car is incredible. I really think you're doing a great service to that car and having one hell of a good time in the process. For a car that's appreciating in value rather quickly, combined with your work, I would expect you can probably sell it in 4 years for 3 to 4 times what you paid for it!
Thanks. I am having a good time and it does feel good to know that I am making a good car better. It was about time in its life to have someone like me own it.

I don't know about the screen but I did find something interesting today on the inside of the old oil pan. The 35 year mechanic I met was concerned that the old oil pan was dented because he said the pick-up was very low. There is a faint outline of the four feet on the pickup on the bottom of the oil pan. From day one this car has had great oil pressure. I didn't see any difference today when I drove the car.

Yesterday evening I discovered that the POR15 had dried in the right front wheelwell. Using the same paint I had used in the engine compartment, I added a coat of body color paint. Not a perfect match but it looks much better than it did.